Author Topic: KS Update #2  (Read 2368 times)

Roji

• Administrator
  • Jr. Survivor
    • Da-Hang-Out
KS Update #2
« on: April 03, 2014, 08:41:47 PM »
Mar 4 2014
目標を満たした!We've reached our goal!

We just hit the £35,000 threshold with 26 days still to go! We've got a whole new set of things planned for Koe, and there is so much we want to do to take it further, we're going to spend every penny making this game the best (and most fun) language learning experience it could possibly be!

We want to add a few new locations, our budget currently will allow for the main game to be set in a rural part of Japan (which looks amazingly pretty) and we're going to run the revamped art style past all of our backers to give you an idea of what you have made possible. We're also currently in contact with the managing director of TOKYOPOP Germany to localize the game in to German! For now, feel free to ask us any questions, tell us your ideas or let's just have a chat! This game is for you, and we're going to do everything to make it an enjoyable and immersive learning experience.

For everyone who is interested in the PS Vita version of the game- We've laid out the plan and how much extra work is going to be needed for the PS Vita version. It will need a new UI, a lot of optimization, implementation of touch screen support (and hopefully writing recognition) and some assets will need to be remade for it. We've set the stretch goal to £50,000.

I also have one more stretch goal to add- an Akihabara battle zone! This is essentially an almost endless procedural battle zone set on the streets of Akiba. I'll go in to this further as it develops, but there's a lot of work that will be needed to be done to add this and make it look true to the source (except, you know, with monsters). We've set the stretch goal to £60,000.

We're currently looking to secure licences for Xbox One/WiiU/PS4 and I will update on this when we've heard back from them. Note that all backers will be given the option to pick the device they want the game on.

Now, some thank-yous are in order.

Firstly, I'd like to thank Rob Howland, creator of his own language-learning video game, Influent which was funded through this Kickstarter. I don't know where I'd be without his feedback and help on our Kickstarter page. If you get some time, go take a look!

Secondly, we want to thank Gaijin Goomba for making a video about Koe, and really helped push us towards our goal. Go take a look!

www.youtube.com/embed/gadGgyIiF9s

And finally, and most importantly, we want to thank you, our backers and supporters! Without you, we wouldn't be able to make this game and you've given us so much to smile about. Together, we're going to make a great language-learning RPG!

(We can finally update these models, yay!)

ご支援を感謝します!全然信じられません。

ありがとうございました。

Jitesh, Sayuki & Dan
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:00:29 PM by Roji »
╔═╦╗╔╦╗╔═╦═╦╦╦╦╗╔═╗
║╚╣║║║╚╣╚╣╔╣╔╣║╚╣═╣
╠╗║╚╝║║╠╗║╚╣║║║║║═╣
╚═╩══╩═╩═╩═╩╝╚╩═╩═╝

Google+