Author Topic: KS Update #9  (Read 1719 times)

Roji

• Administrator
  • Jr. Survivor
    • Da-Hang-Out
KS Update #9
« on: April 17, 2015, 12:49:16 PM »
Our story of Koe

We only just hit the Akihabara stretch goal but things are already picking up for that final sprint to the finish line. Most Kickstarter projects are busiest during the final hours, which is why we really think we'll hit those final stretch goals with your help.

I think I speak for everyone on this team when I say we've never been this excited in our lives. This was a very small idea Sayuki and I came up with and after we really got the design and world of the game we thought "hey, this could actually work!" I remember Sayuki shouting "yatta!" after I created the initial battle system which was full of mistakes because I was still a very early student of the language at the time, but it worked, it actually worked and an adaptation of that mechanic is what you're seeing on the front page of this Kickstarter.

As we progressed with the development, we got a few new ideas of learning Japanese through context and this is the where the project has taken us right now. This update serves as a point in time where I can look back and say "hey, do you remember when Koe looked like that?" because we have so much we want to do with the project now, we're really going to take it to the next level in terms of art, story, gameplay, music and language.

Some very early prototyping of Koe, using asset store foliage

Originally the team was just me and Sayuki, and at a point it was just me while I created the world that you see in the video. Sayuki eventually got some free time and with her help with some of the design, we finished the prototype. After a lot of testing with my friends, I decided that we should run this Kickstarter. We didn't know how much interest we'd get but from the first day we were astounded when we saw we had already hit 50% of our goal and had Dan Tsukasa come on the team, since then the team has grown further with the addition of Elizabeth and Allochii, our music people, and of course, you! We are just a small indie games studio but it's crazy how fast things have progressed and I can't wait to see where this project is going to go now. With your help we're going to create an amazing language learning JRPG. It'll be an experience none of us will ever forget.

We have 3 days left, so tell everyone you know about the project you are helping make possible. I say this so often but we really couldn't do this without you, and we are so very grateful to be given the opportunity to create a game that literally puts the J in JRPG. So, thank you so much!

Jitesh, Sayuki & Dan
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:55:29 PM by Roji »
╔═╦╗╔╦╗╔═╦═╦╦╦╦╗╔═╗
║╚╣║║║╚╣╚╣╔╣╔╣║╚╣═╣
╠╗║╚╝║║╠╗║╚╣║║║║║═╣
╚═╩══╩═╩═╩═╩╝╚╩═╩═╝

Google+