Author Topic: KS Update #15  (Read 1783 times)

Roji

• Administrator
  • Jr. Survivor
    • Da-Hang-Out
KS Update #15
« on: April 17, 2015, 01:06:12 PM »
for those that notice the update number jump this is due to some being only shown to KS Backers to the project

Platforms, art and story

Hey guys!

Firstly, I'm super excited to confirm that we have acquired the Nintendo Wii U development licence! While we aren't currently focusing development on the Wii U due to the amount of time it would take, we will be looking in to having the prototyping and above backers have some input on the Wii U version of the game late next year.

Secondly, I'm happy to announce that Rena Saiya, professional 2D manga artist and teacher will be joining the team as character designer for the revamp. You can take a look at Rena's portfolio here.

Finally, and probably the most important is that Koe's story is well in to development now. For the next update, I will be letting all backers vote on what the city name in Koe is going to be. While there may be a chance that I will also be releasing the script, I have noted the concerns of some backers about spoilers and possible changes, which I will address soon. If you have any concerns about the story, please contact me either through Kickstarter or through the Strawberry Games website.

I also want to bring your interest to We Made A Game by Deco Digital, a documentary about the development of video games by indie studios, which goes in to detail about every step of the development process, risks and challenges studios take, along with personal risks indie teams take when creating games, and will share a lot of similarities to the development process of Koe.

As always, thank you for your support.

Jitesh, Sayuki, Dan, Elizabeth & Rena
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:53:19 PM by Roji »
╔═╦╗╔╦╗╔═╦═╦╦╦╦╗╔═╗
║╚╣║║║╚╣╚╣╔╣╔╣║╚╣═╣
╠╗║╚╝║║╠╗║╚╣║║║║║═╣
╚═╩══╩═╩═╩═╩╝╚╩═╩═╝

Google+